1. In the Indian lifestyle that is discribed in the story, the advantages for marriage are actually quite convincing. One of these advantages is the fact that people don’t have to spend time worrying about looking attractive to the opposite sex, and getting themselves all worked up about finding a significant other. Since their parents do the job for them, it really takes away from the negative parts of dating.
2. When arranging a marriage in India, the most important thing to look at is the family in which the spouce comes from. Indian parents are always concerned about how ones family might impact their child, and their child’s future. Along with that, there are the obvious things like looks, education, and the future that will be provided for future generations.
1. Although it would save alot of trouble having my parents arrange my marriage, it is deffinately not something i would be okay with. I feel it is an adventure worth taking, although there may be ups and downs, putting the time into it is part of what makes finding someone so special. It may be key in Indian culture, but that lifestyle is not for me.
2. My parents met while working together running group homes for troubled youth. I’m not sure there were any circumstances besides their love for each other. They’ve been by together ever since, and are what I believe a great marriage should be.
3. In India they are pressured to stay together because of their families hard work in putting them together. This is like in America where even though it wasn’t our parents putting the relationship together, it was alot of hard work. Not to mention, families today still have presure to keep marriages together. This may be for religous purposes, or just making your own parents proud.